CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Trek

I went to pioneer trek this past week. It was so much fun! i really didn't want to go when they first told us about it, thinking about it i didn't want to go the morning i got there. we go to the place we were going, which was Deseret Live Stock Ranch, which is just about ten miles before you reach Evanston, Wyoming. AKA: the middle of no where! we then met our families, mine was amazing! There was this one girl who i connected with the second we met. Her name is Teighlor Melton, she is like my clone, we are so much alike it is kinda scary. We walked 6 miles the first day, i was so exhausted and sore. The best part is that our food was catered by Apple Spice Junction. It was delicious!!! The second day we walked about 8 miles. I wasn't as sore but we did something so much fun that night. We did square dancing! i was hesitant at first to do it but once i tried it, it was a blast. we were all exhausted after that so we went to bed. The third day we was the hardest, longest, best, and worst day of the whole thing. We had the women's pull at the very beginning of the day. It was so neat to see all the guys at the top of the hill just mad that they couldn't help us up the hills we had to do. After it was over one of my friend came up to me and gave me a hug and told me he was proud of me. i wanted to start crying. After that the wind started to blow so hard. by the time we got to lunch my eye was swollen shut from the dirt and crap i had gotten in it. we all wanted to quit, but we just kept going. by the end of the day we had walked about 10 miles. that night was testimony meeting, it was great! overall it was a great experiance, i would do it again in a heartbeat!

3 comments:

Lance and Em said...

So glad you had a good time... I told you so!

Bryan, Stacie, Claire, Mia and Buddy said...

I knew you'd love it. I am proud of you for going. I miss you.

Ginet said...

Um, what kind of Trek has food catered from Apple Spice Junction? Sounds really rough. What happened to killing your own chicken or making pancakes on the fire with little baggies of flour? :) It sounds like you had a great time. I'm jealous. I want to go on another trek...only next time I don't want to be 7 months pregnant! Glad you had fun. Now where are all the pictures?!